How to Help Maintain Your Heating System’s Efficiency
Modern heating equipment boasts higher efficiency ratings than equipment manufactured decades ago, but without proper maintenance on a regular basis that energy efficiency can degrade. This eventually leads to higher heating costs and a greater risk of potential breakdowns.
Alger Energy’s expert technicians provide regular maintenance through annual tune-ups, but that doesn’t mean our customers can’t give themselves a hand when it comes to keeping their heating equipment in great shape!
Here are a few steps any homeowner can take to ensure their heating system is running efficiently and effectively year after year:
- Clean or replace filters for your furnace at least once a month to maintain optimal airflow and comfort
- Keep warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators from being blocked by furniture, carpeting, drapes or dust by keeping them clean and clear
- Inspect exterior vents, keeping them clear of debris and nests
- Seal the ductwork of your home wherever you have access to it to keep the heated air from escaping
- Keep the area around the furnace clear to allow for the appropriate amount of airflow
If you can’t seem to get your heating system running as well as you’d like it to, and you’re using heating equipment that’s more than 10 years old, consider an upgrade! Call or contact Alger Energy today to learn more about how a heating system upgrade can help you save significantly on your home heating costs.