Keep Dry Air Out of Your Home
You’ve made it past the excessive humidity brought on by summer. How will you fare against the dry air of the fall and winter? If you’re unsure of the answer to that question, Alger will answer it with a top-of-the-line whole-home humidifying system that can help keep you and your family comfortable, and even keep your furniture in one piece! A whole-home humidifier can help prevent:
- Illness: Your upper respiratory system utilizes moisture to better capture dirt, dust, viruses and bacteria before they reach your lungs. If the air is dry in your home, it’ll lower your upper respiratory system’s ability to protect your body from getting sick.
- Itchy Nose: Because a majority of breathing is done through the nose, low humidity levels can cause the inside of the nose to become dry. This can lead to pain, irritation and even nosebleeds.
- Dry Skin: Moisture helps our skin stay soft and healthy. Dry air can cause skin to dry out and become itchy and tight. It can also lead to painful cracking of the skin and chapped lips. Those with existing skin problems can experience a flare-up due to overly dry air.
- Home Integrity: Cold, dry air pulls moisture out of your home’s structure. The wooden frame of your home can dry out, causing walls and doorjambs to shift, and create gaps between ceilings and walls.
- Furnishings: Wooden floors and furniture can bend and warp with dry air. Other items can be damaged by dry air as well, such as musical instruments, books, LP covers and artwork.
Knowing that the dry air is coming gives you an advantage – the opportunity to call Alger and get your home ready to take on the winter! Don’t wait until the floors start creaking and your doors start sticking to take care of your home and family’s health. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get through the cold months.